1. Its one thing when a good girl falls for the bad guy. Coz she wants to be what’s
good for him. And like she wants to be the one that changes him. That’s hard. But
if worse comes to worst, there’ll always be that good guy friend who’ll say,
“It’s okay. You deserve better”. Coz you’re the good girl. But if a bad girl falls for a good guy, that’s even harder. Coz then you realizes you’ll never be good enough for him. And everybody else could be the perfect girl for him. And that also means you have to be the one who has to keep running after him. Coz he’s too good to go after you. Maybe a friend can do the psychological thinking for me after all that what friends are for helping each other.
2. My spiritual director, friend and godfather told me the following after some sort of analysis about breakup:
(1) YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR FEELINGS…BUT
(2) YOU CAN CONTROL THE WAY YOU REACT OR BEHAVE AFTER OR WHILE FEELING A CERTAIN WAY.
Remember these words.
When you cannot control either the behavior/decisions of the person that hurt you or the feelings that arise while experiencing major heartbreak, you can address the frustration of losing your grip on the situation by focusing your attention on what you can control: your reactions and the way you behave. For the record, this does not mean you can and should keep yourself from crying. Crying is awesome. These words apply primarily to situations where your feelings can sway you to do things that are stupid or harmful to you and others, like suicide or emotionally blackmailing your ex.
It will take a tremendous amount of will power to do this. Believe me. Bottom line? Restrain yourself from impulsively committing harmful acts when you feel extreme sadness or depression. You can do it. This entry is not an attempt to preach or cure. I’m not a licensed psychotherapist. I’m not Dr. Chua. Don’t sue me if it doesn’t work.
3. Washing the dishes has always been my least favorite household chore. There’s just something about seeing left over food swirling around the sink that makes me feel like throwing up. For a nice girl who can’t bring herself to touch a speck of dirt for fear of contamination or whatever. For some reason, I kept washing the same dish over again because washing it wouldn’t make it squeakily-clean and shining. I think it had something to with menudo. Why, oh, why, did my turn have to come on a day when we ate something with tomato sauce? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to remove from a plate? Do you? Do you!?!? I suddenly had an awful vision of myself, 5 years from now, washing the dishes after dinner while my husband and dear little children are having the time of their lives in front of the TV. Everyday, until the day I die. I would be cooking cleaning and washing dishes. Is that what I’m getting my education for? To be my future family’s scullery maid? An eternity later, I finally completed my chore.
My back hurt from bending for so long and I probably made my posture more terrible than it doing already is. My hands felt rough and dry, and the scrapping made me break one of my nails. But there was something on the dish dryer and the clean, white kitchen counter winking at me that made me feel as I thought I accomplished something. However, it’s still a relief to know that someone else will be doing the dishes for the rest of the months.
4.Noong nakaraang na sabado napadaan ako sa Quiapo, ang dami kong nakitang bata. May matangkad, maliit, mataba, payat, malinis, marungis, mabango, mabaho, maputi, maitim, katamtaman – pero sa lahat ng mga katangiang ito, may isa kaming pagkakatulad – gaya ko, bahagi kami ng malaking bahagdan ng populasyon ng kabataan sa Pilipinas. Tuwang-tuwa akong makita silang lahat – iba’t –ibang hitsura, ugali, pananamit, pananalita, pagtawa, estado sa buhay, pero parepareho kaming Pilipino.
Ngunit naisip ko, bakit mas malaki yata ang pagkakaiba-iba naming? Iba ang kinamulatan ko, iba rin ang sa kanila. Iba ang aking galaw kumapara sa kanila.Mahigit 300 taon na pagkakasakop ng mga kastila, na sinundan ng mga Amerikano at Hapon – ito ang dahilan. Napailalim tayo sa iba’t –ibang kultura, gobyerno, pag-uugali at paniniawala kaya tayo ngayo’y nagdurusa sa pagkakawatak-watak ng ating lahi.
Pero sa kabila ng mga dahilang ito, sinong sisihin natin?Wala. Walang dapat sisihin. Nagbuwis ng hirap at buhay ang ating mga bayani upang mapigilan ang dambuhalang pagkakahati-hati ng mga Pilipino.Para sa akin hindi tayo dapat manatiling watak-watakhabang buhay at hindi nagakakaisa. Pilipino tayo na nakatira sa iisang bansa.
Hahayaan ba nating tuluyan masira ang ating bansa?
Ano ba maari nating gawin? Marami tayong pwedeng maging sandata upang labanan ang krisis na ito.
Unang –una rito ang tinatawag natin espesyalisasyon. Kung
magaling ako sa Matematika o Siyensya (Agham) , at ikaw sa Musika, maari nating pagsamahin ang ating nalalaman para makabuo ng mga mahahalagang bagay na makakatulong sa pag-unlad, tulad halimbawa ng isang robot na android na maaring gamitin sa paggawa. Ang bawat isa sa atin ay may itinatagong talento at kagalingan. Kung ating gagamitin ito sa magandang paraan, wala akong nakikitang dahilan kung
bakit pa tayo matatalo sa ating laban kontra kahirapan.
Pangalawa, paniniwala sa dakilang lumikha. Dito bigyang-pokus, hindi ang katolisismo, o protestantismo, o ang paniniwala kay allah, kundi ang paniniwala na may nakakahigit sa lahat, na Siyang pinagmulan ng lahat ng bagay, na dahil sa pagtanggap sa Kanya sa kabila ng pagkakaiba-iba sa maraming aspeto ng buhay tumatanaw pa rin sa iisang direksyon.
Pangatlo, kultura mga paniniwala at kaugalian mga aral na
napupulot natin mula sa mga nangyayari sa ating kapaligiran.
Ang tatlong bagay na ito ay mahalaga sa paghubog ng isang
bansa dahil ito ang bumubuo sa ating pagkatao. Magkakaiba man tayo sa
pagdating sa mga ito, hindi marapat isipin na magiging hadlang ang kaibhan
Kumbaga sa pisika, “ang dalawang bagay na pareho ay naglalabanan, ngunit ang dalawang bagay na hindi magkapareho ay nagkakaakitan”
ika nga sa Ingles “like charges repel, unlike charges attract.” Ipinapakita
lamang nito na maari tayong magkasama-sama tungo sa isang layunin.
5. I am reviewing my mind out for taxation for the past 4 days and I even began dreaming about it. Let me share you a little about it.After a person dies, his obligation to the government doesn’t stop there. He has to pay what we call, ESTATE TAX.
Estate Tax is the tax on the personal (exclusive and conjugal) properties of a deceased person ( and we thought we could escape from taxes after death! )
For simplication, as there are a lot of rules, to compute for a deceased person’s estate tax, the following are some questions that should be asked:
Is the deceased person a resident citizen, a non-resident citizen, a resident alien or a non-resident alien?
Is the deceased person, married or single?
If married, is their property divided by absolute community or conjugal partnership?
Does the deceased have properties that was given gratituosly? Was it already taxed? Is the taxed already paid? Have the decedents already claimed vanishing deduction for the said property?
The rules about it goes on and on as everything about it, from the gathering of the list for the gross estate ( the deceased person’s properties ) and the deductions ( yehey! we are allowed to have deductions! ) are rather many. But, I/we all agree on one thing, to be able for a deceased person to be a good “contributing” citizen of our country, he should at least have 3.0 Million pesos as per computation below.
Php 3,000,000.00 Gross estate
( 1,000,000.00 ) Standard deduction
( 1,000,000.00 ) Family Home
( 200,000.00 ) Funeral Expenses
Php 800,000.00 Net Estate
Php 15,000.00 Tax
+ 24,000.00 ( Php 800,00.00 – 500,000.00 ) x 8% of in excess of
Php 36,000.00 Estate Tax
Hehehe. Just thinking out loud.